Reset two-factor authentication
Download the Quick Reference Guide here -
CMS-Portal Enrolment Guide
In the event that you have deleted your authenticator application, changed devices, or changed phone numbers, you will need to reset Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for your CMS Portal account.
1. Ask your Organisation Administration user (or an alternate administrator if you are also an Organisation Administration user) to send an email to email@example.com from their registered CMS Portal account email. In the email, provide the following:
- The user's registered CMS Portal account email
- The user's full name details as submitted for enrolment
- The users Unique Identification Number (Column C) as submitted for enrolment
- If you are a sole practitioner or the only organisation administration user in your practice, please make sure to mention this in your email
- If the Organisation Administration user cannot provide the required enrolment details, the CMS Support team will request further information to confirm your identity to proceed with the 2FA request.
2. The CMS Support team will validate your details and process the request. Once reset, you will receive an email to confirm this.
3. At your next log in to the CMS Portal, you will be required to go through the 2FA registration process again. Follow step 4 onwards from the Activate your CMS Portal Account instructions.
This page was last updated: Monday 27 February 2023 - 10:15am