Download the Quick Reference Guide here -
Users will need their Unique Identification Number to activate their account. Once they are decided, please provide each user with their number.
When accounts are set up, each user will be sent an email from the CMS Portal with a unique link to activate their account. Please encourage users to do this ASAP - the link will expire after 45 days.
1. Click the account activation link in the Welcome to the CMS Portal email sent to the email address linked to your CMS Portal Account. The Identify Verification screen displays.
Note: You may not be promoted to enter an Identity Verification number and accept terms and conditions. If prompted, your Identity Verification number is the profile_barNumber your organisation provided at registration.
3. Type a new password and click Save. A confirmation message displays: The changes have been saved.
4. The Register popup displays, for you to set up a Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). Enter the email address linked to your CMS Portal account and click Get Started. This is the first authentication method. The Verify Email popup displays.
5. A one-time passcode (OTP) is sent to your email account. Type this into the Enter the passcode field and click: Verify.
You will now need to set up your second authentication method. For Email Verification, see steps 6-9. For OTP Over SMS, see steps 10-13.
6. Email Verification - Select Email Verification and click Next. An email will be sent to the email address linked to your CMS Portal account. The Verify your identity screen displays.
7. Another email will be sent to the email address linked to your CMS Portal account. Click: Accept Transaction in the email.
8. Click: Verify in the CMS Portal (browser). A confirmation message displays.
9. Optional step to reduce how often you need to verify your identity to access the CMS Portal - select: I want to remember this device, then click: Verify the next time you log in.
The next time you will be prompted to verify will be in 14 days unless you use a different device and/or browser.
- You will be sent an email with a verification link each time you log in unless you undertake step 9.
- If you change your email address linked to your CMS Portal account, you will need to contact the CMS Support Team to reset your 2FA.
10. OTP Over SMS - Select OTP Over SMS and click Next. The Configure OTP Over SMS popup will display.
11. Enter the mobile number you wish to register into the Verify your phone number field. Click: Send OTP.
12. Enter the passcode into the Configure OTP over SMS popup. Click: Validate OTP and Save. A confirmation message displays.
13. Optional step to reduce how often you need to verify your identity to access the CMS Portal - select: I want to remember this device, then click: Verify the next time you log in.
The next time you will be prompted to verify will be in 14 days unless you use a different device.
- You will be sent an SMS with a passcode to enter each time you log in unless you undertake step 13.
- If you change your mobile number, you will need to contact the CMS Support Team to reset your 2FA.
Organisation administration user: What to do if a user doesn't activate their account within 45 days
If a user fails to activate their account within the activation period (45 days), an Organisation Administration user can resend an account invitation email with a new activation link:
1. Once logged in, click: Organisation Administration
2. Click: Resend Account Invitation Email
3. Type the user's email address, then click: Search
4. Once the search result shows, click: Send
This page was last updated: Tuesday 11 July 2023 - 7:48am