About the CMS Portal FAQ
What is CMS Portal?
CMS Portal will be the single point of entry for all cases in the Magistrates' Court of Victoria (MCV) and Children's Court of Victoria (ChCV). It will allow external parties to interact with the Courts digitally, leading to improved information flow and safety outcomes for the community.
Implementation will start with the civil jurisdiction early October 2022.
Through CMS Portal, external parties will be able to:
- File and manage case documents electronically
- Lodge payments and process refunds online (where relevant)
- Receive updates when documents have been progressed
- View and download documents when needed
- Request and gain access to a case via CMS Portal
Is there a Practice Direction to support the use of this technology?
Magistrates' Court of Victoria Practice Direction No. 8 of 2022 applies. This Practice Direction is to be read in conjunction with Practice Direction No. 6 of 2022.
This page was last updated: Thursday 29 September 2022 - 6:18pm